Monday, February 24, 2014

1 of 7: The Little Flowers of St. Francis.


So I challenged mom to accept Jennifer's challenge (at The Conversion Diary) of 7 blog posts in 7 days starting today. Since it's already after my bedtime I'll start with my favorite excerpt from The Little Flowers of St. Francis:
But I do not want to omit one thing which he who saw this vision used to tell, for it sounded very noteworthy to me. For he said that the way in which the Order would be reformed would be very different from the way in which it was founded, because the working of the Holy Spirit, without there being a leader, will choose uneducated youths and simple, plain persons who are looked down upon. And without their having any example or teacher--even against the teaching and practice of the teachers--the Spirit of Christ will select them and fill them with holy fear and a very pure love of Christ. And when their number has increased in various places, then He will send them an utterly pure and saintly shepherd and leader, wholly conformed to Christ. 
Might this be true of the Church as well? To the praise and glory of Christ. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. You guys have to write 7 in 7 days! I just wrote one yesterday, I'm good on my quota for a while.

    ReplyDelete